Nebraska Interactive, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of NIC, Inc. (egov.com) is a successful IT company specializing in making government efficient. We provide web-based, e-government services, creative and marketing solutions to State and local Nebraska governments. We are looking for a Project Manager with business analyst skills possessing the ability to evaluate and execute the development of online solutions. Our ideal candidate will have 2-7 years of experience, a background in IT project management and be familiar with project management processes, functional specification and web-based/mobile or multi-platform testing. The selected candidate will need to be able to communicate and play nicely with Developers and Graphic Designers and have a positive spirit. We have an upbeat, healthy work-life balanced environment and value talented people who are awesome at managing multiple projects with a positive attitude.
- Detailed understanding of Information Technology and web-based solutions
- Experience in managing an IT project from concept to launch
- Experience writing IT functional specifications
- Ability to understand detailed functional requirements of online solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree or minimum of 2 years of project management or Business Analyst experience
- Self-motivated possessing strong analytical, organizational and multitasking abilities
- Must lead project teams and manage activities associated with projects that are typically cross-department or organizational wide in scope. Projects may be simple or complex and technical in nature, and may last several weeks to more than a year in duration.
- Must work closely with the department heads and the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the definition and delivery of project initiatives
- Must develop key project documentation to thoroughly detail what resources are needed to complete projects – e.g., statements-of-work, change orders, project plans, issues list, risk management lists, status reports, meeting agendas, post-mortem reports, etc.
- Must drive project issues through to resolution using the methodology established in the organization and effectively manage and control project changes
- Must effectively communicate and advise the management team of project statuses, which includes inter project dependencies, external project dependencies, & realistic timelines for completion.
- Must analyze and effectively report on project metrics – e.g., profitability, project progress, risk & issues etc.
- Work with marketing team to develop strategies to increase interactive sales
- Work within framework of strategic marketing plan and company business plan
- Assist with customer service support for state agencies and association members
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi-task several projects with tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently
- Must possess great interpersonal and group communication skills
- Amazing team player
Perks and Benefits:
- Free snacks and drinks
- Movie Fridays on last Friday of the month
- Health insurance - you’re completely covered single or family
- Dental insurance – with premiums fully paid
- Weekly Social Gatherings with awesome colleagues
- Daily walks in the morning and afternoon
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and personal time
- Employee Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program that keeps us in shape
- Business casual atmosphere with jeans! Shorts in the summer.
- Paid State holidays in addition to vacation
- Tuition reimbursement – your success is our mission!
NIC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.