Nebraska Interactive, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of NIC, Inc. a well-established local IT company that provides internet-based, electronic government services to state and local Nebraska governments in Downtown Lincoln. We are seeking a motivated team player to work closely within our tight-knit family atmosphere. We are currently looking for a talented, motivated User Interface Web Developer. A true professional who takes pride in every aspect of their work and is up to any challenge. A forward thinker with an eye for sleek, modern design and the desire to create elegant, innovative solutions to complex problems.
What this job is not…
- A boring 8-5 job. We take pride in maintaining a lively atmosphere.
- A mindless, redundant task oriented, a monkey could do the job type of position. We encourage learning at every available opportunity.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Responsive design experience.
- Knowledge of accessibility and usability standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem-solving skills.
- 2+ years professional experience in web design and development or a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Design and Develop user friendly, fully-responsive and cross browser compatible interfaces for online web applications.
- Work with customers and other staff to help determine project specifications.
- Assist in maintenance and enhancement of Nebraska.gov and applications.
- Passion for problem solving and creating fluid user experiences.
- Troubleshoot, debug and solve cross-browser issues.
- Assist with user research and usability testing efforts.
- Contribute creatively to the growth of the portal.
What will set you apart from other applicants:
- Bootstrap framework experience.
- CSS pre-processing knowledge.
- Experience with a templating engine.
- Knowledge of 508 Compliancy and Accessibility standards.
- Your ability to stay up to date with coding/design innovations and trends.
- Knowledge of FTP and other protocols.
- Your ability to problem solve and troubleshoot cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to multi-task several projects with strict deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must possess great interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Amazing team player and constant learner.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to communicate and understand what a client wants in a design.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, open atmosphere.
Perks and Benefits:
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Movie Fridays on last Friday of the month.
- Health insurance - you’re completely covered single or family.
- Dental insurance – with premiums fully paid.
- Weekly Social Gatherings with awesome colleagues.
- Daily walks in the morning and afternoon.
- Competitive compensation.
- Vacation and personal time.
- Employee Stock purchase plan.
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting.
- Disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Company wellness program that keeps us in shape.
- Business casual atmosphere with jeans! Shorts in the summer.
- Paid State holidays in addition to vacation.
- Tuition reimbursement – your success is our mission!
NIC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.